Thursday, September 17, 2009

Double Unders are Finally My Friend

My legs were absolute toast going into the strength yesterday. I wasn't even sure I'd get through five sets. But somehow I willed my way through. Then, 130lb power cleans, usually a breeze for me, felt more like 185. But then something miraculous happened. I got to the double under portion of my workout and found that I really have become quite good. And if you could see my facial gestures and hear my tone of voice as I say that, you would realize it's not a cocky thing at all, but rather a matter of fact, and kind of surprised, yet deserved because I've been practicing, tone and look. In fact, I'm patting myself on the back right now.

Back Squat
5,5,5,5,5

Me: 185x5

WOD:

5 Rounds
5 Power Cleans (185/130)
20 Double Unders

Me: 5:24

Today was a rest day BTW. I just didn't get around to posting yesterday. So this is a day late. Back on it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment