Saturday, September 5, 2009

Get yer Olift On

Catalyst Athletics is a fantastic Olympic Lifting gym located in Sunnyvale, CA. It's owned by Aimee Anaya and Greg Everett, two excellent Olympic lifting Athletes and Coaches. Greg Everett literally wrote the book on Olympic Lifting and Aimee is a National Champion- only two of their many accolades. These guys definitely know there stuff which is why I'm super excited to have the opportunity to make Saturday's my olifting days with Greg and Aimee.

It's quite a bit different from your typical CrossFit day. It takes a few reps to get used to the fact that you will complete 1 lift, and then rest about 5 minutes before completing the next. But the results speak for themselves. I feel like my form is getting better each time, and I'm definitely getting stronger: Today I PR'd on both Snatch and Front Squat.

Here's what the day looked like (all numbers are in Kilo's):

Snatch
35x1
40x1
45x1
50x1
56x1 PR!

that's 123lbs

Clean and Jerk
45x1
50x1
55x1
60x1
65x1
70x1
75-failed

sucessfully-154lbs
failed-165lbs

*I started to get worn out but I know I'll get it next time. My PR is 183.

F. Squat
45x1
65x1
85x1
95x1
102x1 PR!

thats 225lbs!

I'm definitely looking forward to next Saturday. You can check out Catalyst Athletics at www.cathletics.com or click on the Catalyst Athletics link to the right.

1 comment:

  1. That has got to be more than Cliff can front squat! Imagine how much you could get fresh :)

    ReplyDelete