Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ring Dips and Me

Lets face it. I basically cannot do ring dips to save my life. Well, I guess if it were actually a matter of life or death I could do a couple. Plus I'm competitive enough that if beating a certain time in a WOD is at stake I might be able to kip out a few singles with terrible form. But in all honesty, I completely suck at ring dips.

Like most CrossFiters, I've got a few of these goats on my list. So I've made the commitment to attack them over the course of the next yea, not by neglecting other movements, but by systematically rotating them into my skills work as well as my metcons.

In general, my body has a pretty quick adaptation period to new skills when I put my full focus into it. However, ring dips have taken the longest of any movement to see any improvement in at all. But today, I finaly felt like I was getting somewhere. Yay for me. Today I can write in my journal that I only kind of sucked at ring dips. Hey, thats a start. It's all about just getting better right?

Strength

Back Squat
3,3,3,3,3

Me: 165, 195, 205, 205, 205

WOD:

"Lizzie"
12,9,6,3
P.Clean (185/130)
Ring Dips

*CrossFit Football

Me: 6:06

Man, when I get good at ring dips I'm gonna blow through this baby.

1 comment:

  1. Smokin' time! I better keep movin', or you gonna catch me ;)

    ReplyDelete