Thursday, October 8, 2009

Camcorder Fun ;)

Today was fun. We recently got a new Flat Screan TV for the box so we can watch training video right there on the spot during our workouts. Something about having that TV right there in front of me made it exciting to whip out the video camera. It was great because I just set the camera up, and brought the remote with me so I was able to start and stop the camera right from my platform. It did it like a Catalyst Day and Snatched to heavy singles and finished with some Clean and Jerks.

Afterwards, I was able to watch the video, often times pausing and playing in slow motion, breaking down the parts of the lift and identifying my strengths and weaknesses. It was a great reminder of just how usefull it is to watch video of yourself when trying to perfect something. I plan on making this a regular part of my routine, specifically when I o'lift.

Snatch
singles to 118lbs

C+J
singles to 163lbs

1 comment:

  1. Neat idea to have at your box! I bet it is helpful to watch yourself and be able to critique your form and rewind and watch again :)

    ReplyDelete