Tuesday, October 13, 2009

CFSC

Monday: I took a visit to CrossFit Santa Cruz for a 20 min brutal AMRAP. Danielle, one of the CFSC owners, got some firebreather girls together for some action. It's always nice to have a change of scenery and energy. Something about it makes you dig a little deeper and push through moments when you might otherwise rest longer, or worse, quit. Thanks for having me girls!

AMRAP 20 min
3 OH Squat (103) -scaled up from 75
6 Box Jumps (30)
9 C2B Pull Ups

Me-10 rounds

This HURT. Box jumps just hammer me. I was breathing the way I imagined I should have been breathing on my long run if I'd push myself. Maybe I should do my next 5k with them too:) Great workout.

1 hour later I returned to CFWS for my strength work. I though I'd be toast but to my pleasant suprise I was quite strong.

Back Squat
185x5
195x5
195x5
200x5
210x5

165x3
165x3
145x3
-last three light sets for speed

4 comments:

  1. Aren't back squats so much more fun when Ed is around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was there to. But it did look like fun having Ed there to push you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Bizz, I mean it was really inspiring to have you there too lying on the floor up against the wall playing with your "pay by the minute" phone and all. Don't get me wrong. Totally motivating!

    ReplyDelete