Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Coffee and Olifting

My body hurts from yesterday. My lats and biceps from those C2B Pull Ups... Ouch! I didn't even realize that part of the workout yesterday was that bad. Here I thought the box jumps were the culprit.

The only thing that got my butt in gear today was my growing love for olympic lifting (that and a nice big cup of evening coffee- yes, during my workout). I wasn't sure I'd have any pop at all but it's just so damn fun to Snatch and C&J, and sice I'm having so much fun doing it, and getting better at it almost every day, I had lot's more in the tank than I expected.

Lots-O-Reps today:

Snatch
83x1
93x1
103x1
108x1
113x1
118x1
113x1
118x1
113x1
118x1

C&J
103x1
113x1
123x1
143x1
153x1
163x1
173x1
183 Fail
183 Fail

then

1 Muscle Up
(on the min, every min, for 10 Minutes)

Me: 10 total (no fails)

I seem to have reached a sticking point right around the 183lb mark. I feel super strong but for some reason I feel like it just so happens that the times I've gotten to that weight, I'm just worn out for whatever reason. It's just the way the cookie's crumbled so far. I feel so much stronger than that though. One of these days when I'm well rested I'm getting 200 dammit!

5 comments:

  1. you will get it on Sunday!

    no training Friday or Saturday. Rest for Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that mean I can train tomorrow????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursday is fine!

    I saw you are resting today. maybe get in and do snatches up to 50% for singles. so a total of 4-5 snatches only. Same with c&j's. So super easy day, not anything crazy. 4-5 total reps for each.
    Tomorrow do whatever you want, Friday and Saturday off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only if you are feeling up to it today. It is not totally necessary.

    ReplyDelete