Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Veronator Helps Me Take Down Another

Having the Veronator work out next to me keeps me pushing when I otherwise might no go as hard. I like that. And I like being pushed by strong women. After all, none of the guys seem to be giving me any competition:) (Throat clear- eyes shift to Daniel) Thanks Vero!

Although he beat me in his Max Front Squat at 245lbs (mine is 233) I smoked Daniel in today's WOD. It's great to have some healthy competition followed by some healthy smack talking.

Split Jerk
143x1
153x1
163x1
173x1
183x1

5 Rounds
15 Thrusters (135/95)
15 Ball Slams (40/25)
15 Burpees
15 Double Unders

Me-12:38
Daniel-17:49

Since Vero has promised to work out with me twice a week, today we decided it was fair to put the programming for those days into the Black Heart's hands. That way he can do things like program 400m runs, box jumps, burpees, and rowing to force me to push it. Vero is WAY better at that stuff than me. It's genius really. The only way to get me to push extra hard on my least favorite stuff:)

Alright Golden, come and get it. 40 minutes on Murph or bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment