Sunday, February 21, 2010

70! 70! 70!

Finally snatched 70kilos! That's 154lbs- 11lbs over body weight. Finally!

That was yesterday at Catalyst. The bummer ending, however, was a botched clean and jerk at 90kilos (200lbs) in which my grip slipped and caused a weird slight disconnect between my left hand and the bar. The bar crashed down on me and tweaked my wrist. Stuff like this rattles me mentally because I consider myself kind of invincible injury wise. I've been very lucky my entire career (in strength and conditioning, softball, or otherwise) in avoiding anything major. So when something actually hurts it gets my attention. So I'm doing what I usually do- ignore it. Well, that plus lots of ice and tape.

Today we had our first of a series of fire breather workouts at CFWSC. Lot's of people showed (about 15 including our people, folks from CrossFit Los Gatos, and CrossFit Santa Cruz Central). The workouts were:

Workout A
5 Rounds
7 Clean and Jerks (155/105)
21 Double Unders

Me- 6:00

Workout B
AMRAP 15min
5 Thrusters (135/95)
7 Burpees
9 C2B Pull Ups

Me- 7 rounds + 5 thrusters, 7 burpees, 2 pullups

The second workout was absolutely brutal. The thrusters and burpees didn't feel great on my wrist but I still managed to get a good score. When the clock is rolling I didn't feel a thing but afterward I could feel it stiffening up. I'm supposed to do that Austen/Kahlipa P.Clean/Burpee wod tomorrow (this was programmed before we knew what the wods were today which was a secret until this morning) but I think I'm going to ask Aimee if we can do it a little later in the week to give it a couple days rest. It was a great day though. It's nice to have the competition to gauge how training is going. I felt really freakin strong- and strong is good.

1 comment: