Monday, August 30, 2010

Opening Day

Man this past month has been a whirl wind. I'm going on 3 hours of sleep now but all for very good reason. This morning at 6AM was the soft opening for the expansion of my gym, CrossFit West Santa Cruz. Over the past month we have put in countless hours of planning, taping, painting, building, demolishing, piecing together, painting some more, scraping, cleaning, scrubbing, more painting,ordering, polishing, organizing, moving, etc. And this morning it all came together as we broke in our new 10,000 square foot space. We had something like 25 people in our 6AM class and we had a blast. There's more info about the expansion at http://www.crossfitwest.com/?p=6262

So this morning I worked up to a 215lb Jerk but we ran out of time so I didn't get a chance to go heavier. Then I came back at 10AM for my workout and the reality of sleep deprivation (and good stress) set in. I jerked 215lbs again thinking that with more time I'd get a bigger number but then ran out of gas and coordination to go heavier. Oh well, you take the good with the bad I guess. So with 5 weeks to go until my first American's qualifier, here was today's (second) wod:

Jerk 1RM-215lbs for the day
then: 143lbsx5x3

B.Squat 5RM
243lbsx5
then:
218lbsx5
208lbsx5

P.Press 5RM
143x5 (man I was tired by this time)
then:
133lbsx5, 123lbsx5

Box Jumps
3 sets of 5 at 36inches

3x10 strict toes to bar

2 comments:

  1. Do you just jump onto the box or do you jump off one box then right back on to another one?

    ReplyDelete