Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gettin Heavy

<- Greg coaching me in the warm up hall at the American Open. Check out the Performance Menu at:
www.cathletics.com

Since I've become an Olympic Lifter exclusively some of my CrossFit friends (eh-hem, Cliff) have joked to me that although I'm extremely strong I don't have nearly as much fitness. I have always begged to differ. I feel as though my strength has sky rocketed and I have still maintained all of my work capacity.

Well, today I got to put that theory to the test. After completing my Olifting workout below (which took about an hour and 45min) the noon class set up to do their partner workout. Since there was an odd number of people, one person was left without a partner. Since the workout was a couplet of light weight thrusters (fran weight) and sled drags I offered to jump in. All I have to say is "BABY WEIGHT!" Not only did Megan and I fly through it and win, but I'm not even sure I broke a sweat;)

Today:

Power Jerk + Jerk
163lbsx2x2
173lbsx2x2

*I was afraid lowering the weight to my shoulders between lifts was going to suck but it turns out I'm getting stronger and it was a piece of cake.

2 Position Clean (floor, mid thigh)
163lbs x2x2
173lbs x2x3

Clean Deadlift
233lbs x5x5

Good Mornings
123lbs x6x4

GHD Sit Ups 2x20
KB Side Bends 2x15 ea side

Then Jason's partner couplet:

5 Rounds
7 Thrusters (65)
1 Sled sprint +1 Sled Back Pedal

*Complete 7 thrusters then the sled pull, then rest while your partner goes. Repeat until each person has done 5 rounds.

1 comment: