Monday, March 7, 2011

Arnolds 2011

Arnolds 2011 Women's Elite Session from Jocelyn Forest on Vimeo.

Above is some footage from the Women's Elite session. It was full of amazing athletes like Olympian and American Record holder Natalie Burgener (63kg), National Champion Aimee Anaya Everett (69kg), National Champ Amanda Sandoval (58kg), Jr National Champion Chioma Amaechi (75+), Canadian National team hopeful Kara Yessie Doherty (75kg), among others. These are some super strong and inspirational women. The only downfall? Our camera ran out of battery and we missed Aimee's C&J PR of 111kg as well as Chioma's 131kg C&J. *Note: video caption mistake- Sandoval is a Nat Champ, not an Olympian.

Arnold's was a blast. As a newcomer to the sport of Olympic Weightlifting this was my first Arnolds meet and only my second big national meet. I didn't get the 182kg total I was hoping for but I did go 3 for 3 in the Snatch with an 82kg PR! (180.5 lbs) I came off the Snatches flying high expecting to go another 3 for 3 in the C&J. Unfortunately I ran out of gas and only made 96kg (211lbs). Not a bad number, but I'm still a bit disappointed and even hungrier than ever to hit the 100 mark. Overall, a 178 total isn't bad for only having been in this sport for 8 months. Experience, here I come.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joc. Awesome entry and video. You are an inspiration!!

    I am so glad to be training under you and Kyle again, and getting to do a bit of personal training again at my office. It is awesome to have you as a coach, Coach! :]

    Can't wait to get me some Joxfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eric! Can't wait to have you back in class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job, Jocelyn! Thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete