Saturday, May 14, 2011

Moving On

Jocelyn Pre Nor Cal Open 2011 from Santa Cruz Strength on Vimeo.

It's been an emotional month as I've parted ways with CrossFit West Santa Cruz. This breakup has been as disheartening as any and has made it a challenge to stay focused on training. But my dad used to say to me often, "Joc, never let em see you sweat." That has stuck with me throughout my life. I've been a competitive athlete for as long as I have memories and there's one thing that's been consistent since the beginning- obstacles only make me stronger and better. Just as the saying goes, when one door closes another always opens.

Next week I get to compete in the Nor Cal Open at Fit Barbell Club in preparation for Nationals in July. I'm most thankful to be coached by Greg Everett and mentored by the amazing Aimee Anaya Everett at Catalyst Athletics!

And now that my husband Kyle has his Santa Cruz Strength gym up and running (Strength & Conditioning, Olympic Weightlifting, Private Training) I've got the best place in the world to train when I can't make the drive over to Sunnyvale. Life is always good!

2 comments:

  1. You are so strong Jocelyn. Body and spirit. And both you and Kyle with your "glass half full" outlook on life inspires me and all those around you. You guys are just amazing in so many ways! Better is Better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I'm so thankful to be surrounded by so many great people who share the same love for training and the same vision for what a community should be like. Better is Better.

    ReplyDelete